Douglas Knott practices in the areas of medical malpractice, personal injury defense and civil rights litigation across the Midwest. He has handled death and catastrophic injury matters in both the trial courts and appellate courts of Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, and has extensive trial experience in those states. He has been consistently recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer in the defense of medical negligence claims.
A former member of the Iowa Attorney General’s office, Doug thoroughly understands the processes of public policy and administration as well as the concerns and responsibilities of governmental administrators and employees faced with litigation. Doug’s experience and analytical ability enable him to grasp the nuances along with the heart of the matter.
• State of Wisconsin
• State of Iowa
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
• United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
• United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eight Circuit